Maryport & Carlisle Railway Coach 1875

Bolton Loop Home Page | Towns and Villages | The Mines | History | Pictures| Contact Us

Maryport & Carlisle Railway Coach Built 1875

Built in 1875 by Birmingham Carraige & Wagon works, which built rolling stock for sale or for lease, or for specific orders. This six wheel, five compartment coach is beleived to be the only remaining vehicle of the Maryport & Carlisle Railway. It was sold out of mainline service in 1922 to the Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Company to form part of the "Paddy Train" to ferry miners from Hednesford Cannock Wood Pit. It was taken out of use in 1954 and left off the sidings at Rawnsley. It was subsequently rescued by our forerunners, the Railway Preservation Society (West Midlands District), and eventually brought to Chasewater



Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

Coach 1875

These images are by kind permission of Chasewater Railway and should not be reproduced without their consent


Cumbria Railways Bolton Loop Solway Junction Railway Cumbria Railways LINKS Cumbria Railways SITEMAP