The Bolton Loop - Engine No 17

Bolton Loop Home Page | Towns and Villages | The Mines | History | Pictures| Contact Us

Locomotive No 17

0-4-2 Tank Locomotive No 17 - Built in Maryport 1865 to the designs of G.Tosh. Coupled wheels with Cylinders of 16in by 22in. This engine was rebuilt in 1907 with cylinders being enlarged to 17in by 24in. It was scrapped in 1925 as L.M.S No 11563.

Cumbria Railways - Engine No 17


Cumbria Railways Bolton Loop Solway Junction Railway Cumbria Railways LINKS Cumbria Railways SITEMAP