Kirkby Stephen East Station

Eden Valley Home Page | Towns and Villages | History | Pictures | Contact Us | Sitemap | Cumbria Railways

Kirkby Stephen East Station formed a key junction with the routes westwards to Appleby and Penrith and to Tebay and eastwards via Stainmore Summit and Barnard Castle to Darlington. The Loco sheds were opened at Kirkby Stephen in 1861 to hold two engines and were enlarged to hold 4 engines in 1865. In 1866 yet more space was required and almost 2,000 was spent on further extensions for more locos. Please help support the Stainmore Railway Company restore the former Kirkby Stephen East Railway Station and to develop the site as a Heritage Centre by becoming a shareholder by Clicking Here

Kirkby Stephen East Station - Click on image to Enlarge



Kirkby Stephen Map

46471 Kirkby Stephen East

Kirkby Stephen East

Kirkby Stephen East 1955

Royal Regiment

Kirkby Stephen East Sheds

Kirkby Stephen East Sheds

Signal Box

Kirkby Stephen East 1970

kirkby10.html

Kirkby Stephen East 1970

Flitholme 1976

Looking West 2005

Looking West 2005

Rolling Stock 2005

Diesel Engine 2005

Class 20 - 2005

Parcel Van 2005

Class 20 - 2005

Station Toilet 2005

Planet Diesel 2005

GNR Brake Van 2005

Inside Station 2005

Flying Scotsman Coach

Booking Office 2005

Station Museum 2005

Station Museum 2005

Station Museum 2005

Station Museum 2005

Gresley Buffet Bar

Outside Entrance 2005

Signpost 2005

These images are the property of www.cumbria-railways.co.uk and Penrith Library and should not be reproduced without their consent.


Eden Valley Home Page | Towns and Villages | History | Pictures | Contact Us | Sitemap | Cumbria Railways