Clifton - The Forgotten Junction 2005

Eden Valley Home Page | Towns and Villages | History | Pictures | Contact Us | Sitemap | Cumbria Railways

The Eden Valley Railway opended for mineral traffic in April 1862 with the Southern facing Junction at Clifton and by August 1863 the Northern junction going through Clifton Moor station was opened which meant the Southern junction was not needed and this short lived junction was abandoned in 1874. Below are the remains of the Southern junction in 2005 some 131 years later.

Clifton - The Forgotten Junction - Click on image to Enlarge



Bridge near West Coast Line

Remains of Bridge in Field

Bridge near Wetheriggs

Bridge near Wetheriggs

Embankment Wetheriggs

Embankment Wetheriggs


These images are the property of www.cumbria-railways.co.uk and should not be reproduced without our consent



Eden Valley Home Page | Towns and Villages | History | Pictures | Contact Us | Sitemap | Cumbria Railways